- This event has passed.
CANCELLED: Collaborative Meditation
March 24 @ 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM$10
- 6:30 – we begin to gather and to share what is happening in our lives with special attention to the spiritual issues and questions we find engaging us.
- 7:00 – we sit for twenty minutes with the meditation guided by Mark Robinson as informed by the preceding conversation.
- 7:20 – we pause the meditation and share what is coming up for each of us in the midst of the contemplative consciousness we are creating with and for each other.
- 7:40 – we return to the meditation, silent this time except for the bell, and allow ourselves to deepen into the collective meditative space.
- 8:00 – we end the meditation and allow the conversation to go wherever it will as we prepare to return to our daily lives.
[All times are approximate; all perspectives are welcome;
all energetic frequencies are needed to complete the spectrum.]
Some notes about participation:
We invite a donation of $10 to support the container for the event, both physical and relational. (Cash or check at door)
We invite you to join the group on Meetup [Soul Salon Guided Meditation] so that we can anticipate how many chairs to set up and so we can communicate between gatherings.
About the Presenter:
Dr. Robinson was trained in psycho-dynamic psychotherapy through a joint program of Eden Seminary and Care and Counseling. He is well versed in cognitive behavioral therapy and is trained in the use of EMDR for addressing trauma. He is trained in the use of Internal Family System therapy having completed the Level Two training.
What I love most is helping people find new ways of being and transforming into the glorious life they are meant to have. And I’ve spent thirty years as a psychotherapist doing just that. It’s very fulfilling.
However, getting unstuck doesn’t mean giving up what you need. And it doesn’t mean becoming more skilled at changing the other person. Getting unstuck does mean finding ways to be different which have more authenticity and integrity. It means learning new perspectives and skills.
I teach those skills and guide people through a self-development process that creates new perspectives.
Some folks come to me because I am a minister. Some stay away because I am a minister. And some work with me for years without knowing I am a minister. So let me share this:
I have absolutely no interest–zero–in getting folks to agree with my religion. I’m happy to share my thoughts but I don’t need or expect others to experience spirituality the way I do.
I am versed in many religious languages. While I am a Christian, I speak Buddhist, Hindu, Taoist, and know a smattering of Sufi and Kabbalah. Each language has strengths for articulating particular truths.
I do believe everyone is a spiritual being. I believe that’s just the way we are. You may have a keen sense of your purpose in life or you may feel that you have no worth to anyone–and sometimes both on the same day. I would say that’s called being human and humans struggle.
If you want to improve a conflict-ridden relationship….or perhaps you simply want to change some aspect of your life, I’d like to share what I’ve learned with you.